1. To receive and investigate fraud complaints from commercial banks, other financial institutions and parastatals
2. To advise the financial industry on fraud prevention and detection strategies
3. To sensitize the public on common types of frauds
4. To liaise with other law enforcement agencies on financial fraud prevention strategies
5. The recovery of stole funds and assets with a view of restituting the same to rightful owners through the legal system
6. To undertake any other duty as assigned by the inspector general, director of CID or the governor of central bank of Kenya respectively.